Economic Development Resources
- Port of Hood River: www.portofhoodriver.com | 541.386.1645
- Hood River County: www.co.hood-river.or.us | 541.386.3970 (Administration)
- Mid-Columbia Council of Governments: www.mccog.com | 541.386.3970 (HR) | 541.298.4461 (MCBCS)
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District: www.mcedd.org
- Oregon Economic and Community Development Board: www.oregon.gov/OBDD | 503.229.5115 (Carolyn Meece)
- Worksource Oregon: www.worksourceoregon.org | 541.386.6300
- The Oregon Consortium (TOC) Oregon Workforce Alliance (OWA): www.tocowa.org/Home-1.html | 541.928.0241
- State of Oregon: www.oregon.gov | 503.986.0123
- State of Washington | access.wa.gov | 503.986.0123
Business and Employment Resources
Find the right resource for your business or employment needs:
Business Utility Zone Gateway: www.buzgate.org. Find answers to frequently asked questions, such as: Do I need to register the business name? What is a tax I.D. number and do I need one? Do I need a license to operate my business? And more.
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce: www.hoodriver.org | 541.386.2000. Promotes economic prosperity and livability of Hood River County.
Office of Minority, Women, and Emerging Small Business: www.oregon.gov/obdd/omwesb | 503.986.0123. Administers the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, minority Business Enterprise/Women Business Enterprise, and Emerging Small Businesses by providing “one-stop” certification.
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs: www.oame.org/default.cfm | 503.249.7744. Promoting and developing entrepreneurship and economic development for ethnic minorities in Oregon.
Oregon Business Guide: www.filinginoregon.com | 509.986.2200. Need information on business licensing, want to file a UCC transaction, or become commissioned by a notary public? Find more information here.
Oregon Employment Department: www.oregon.gov/employ | 1.800.237.3710. Provides economic stability for Oregonians during times of unemployment, supports businesses with recruiting services, develops/distributes workforce and economic information, and provides access to safe and affordable childcare.
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network: www.oen.org. Offers education and support for entrepreneurs and early-stage, high-growth companies.
Oregon Small Business Development Center: www.oregonsbdc.org. Provides small business owners and entrepreneurs with free, confidential, one-on-one business consulting, books, and software, SBDC client profiles, the latest information on international trade, small business tools, workshops, and ideas for inventors.
Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov | 1.800.827.5722. Maintains and strengthens the economy through aiding, counseling, assisting, and protecting the interests of small businesses—and helping families and businesses recover from natural disasters.
Small Business Resource: www.allbusiness.com. Offers resources such as how-to articles, business forms, contracts, and agreements, expert advice, blogs, business news, business directory listings, product comparisons, business guides, and more.
- Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers Association: www.cgfg.org | 541.387.4769
- Columbia Gorge Wine Growers Association: www.columbiagorgewine.com | 1.866.413.9463
- Gorge Owned, GO!: http://gorgeowned.org | 541-490-3466
- Hood River County Chamber of Commerce: www.hoodriver.org | 541.386.2000
- Rotary Club of Hood River: www.hoodriverrotary.org | 541.354.2922