VISIT HOOD RIVER HIRING SALES & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job Description: Sales and Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
The Hood River Chamber of Commerce, doing business as Visit Hood River, is seeking a qualified, dynamic, and innovative Sales and Development Manager to oversee event sponsor development and community stakeholder development programs for Hood River, Oregon.
This position requires a savvy, independently motivated sales leader, preferably with experience in tourism and business development at the community and regional level. The leading candidate will be well-versed in multiple disciplines including, strategic planning, event sponsorship, communications and community relations as well as stakeholder, partnership and program sponsorship development. Understanding and executing the program measurements and analytics is essential. This position reports to the Executive Director.
The Sales & Development Manager will lead Visit Hood River (VHR) stakeholder and sponsorship programs designed to grow the community investment and engagement with Visit Hood River’s key programs. This sales development position will collaborate with and lend support to the internal and outward-facing marketing programs of VHR, which are integral to successful stakeholder and sponsorship insight and quality workflow. This position and activities directly impact the organization’s financial and membership goals, as well as community-facing relationships and public affairs.
- Support the executive director and the marketing / public affairs teams by delivering efficient and detailed work that delivers on the organization’s annual strategies and business plan.
- Develop, solicit and maintain the Stakeholder and Sponsorship member relationships with Visit Hood River to drive revenue and engagement.
- Manage and maintain the Stakeholder database systems for the sales and sponsorship programs.
- Oversee management of VHR’s Digital Asset Management and Oregon Tourism Information systems; uploading and tagging and cataloging assets and new user approvals.
- Coordinate department materials and promotional items including any preparation and shipping
of visitor guides, sales kits, welcome packages, gifts, attraction passes and other collateral.
- Prepare monthly Stakeholder and Sponsorship development reports for the executive director and Board.
- Update Visit Hood River online calendar of events in WordPress, managing approval of events and ensuring quality of the events listing such as photos and copywriting.
- Ensure content on the Visit Hood River website and third party sponsored webpages are current
- Provide regular and ongoing updates to the executive director and agency partners on the annual Events and activities calendar.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a sales, marketing and/or hospitality-related role.
University degree in a related field is preferred, a technical college degree or diploma will be
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to
- Computer savvy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and their place in a destination marketing organization.
- Experience with graphic design and basic WordPress platform maintenance.
- Strong, ethical, reliable and effective work acumen.
- Efficient and organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work collaboratively.
- Takes initiative and is willing to make suggestions, share opinions, and keep things moving.
- Approachable and open.
- The candidate must reside in Hood River to develop Stakeholder relationships.
- Working remotely and/or flex hours may be negotiated.
- Overtime as required.
- Occasional business travel and event hosting may be required.
- Limited evening and weekend work hours as required.
Compensation | Benefits:
– The successful candidate can expect to enter the organization with an annual salary between $45,000 – $50,000 dependent on experience and related skills.
– Competitive performance compensation (5 – 10% of annual salary)
– Employee benefits package
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.